Re: stylesheet that override defaults

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: stylesheet that override defaults
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 15:08:55 +0100

MarcM <address@hidden> writes:

> David,
>
> Thank you for providing the link to the documentation. I've seen the code
> you mention in the doc
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/displaying-rhythms#time-signature
> and it is providing the following example:
>
> \score {
>   \new Staff {
>     \relative c' {
>       \overrideTimeSignatureSettings
>         4/4        % timeSignatureFraction
>         1/4        % baseMomentFraction
>         #'(3 1)    % beatStructure
>         #'()       % beamExceptions
>       \time 4/4
>       \repeat unfold 8 { c8 } |
>     }
>   }
> }
>
> The example puts the overrideTimeSignatureSettings inline with the music
> which forces to do that in each file whereas what i am looking for is a way
> to declare the override in a stylesheet.ly and only have to import that file
> and not have to remember how to do that each time.

Where's the problem?

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \overrideTimeSignatureSettings
      4/4        % timeSignatureFraction
      1/4        % baseMomentFraction
      #'(3 1)    % beatStructure
      #'()       % beamExceptions

Man, it's like I never did issue 2358
<URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2358>.  Of
course, you need 2.15.32 or later for this to work, but I sure hope
that's what you have.  Otherwise things will get really ugly.  But in
2.14, 4/4 and 1/4 would not have been accepted either, so I'm pretty
confident.

--
David Kastrup