Ambitus not in the beginning

From: Dr. med. Kai Lautenschläger
Subject: Ambitus not in the beginning
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 12:23:45 +0100

Dear list,

sorry to ask again and I hope this time it will not be something obviously
explained in the manual. Is there a way to insert ambitus at the beginning of a
staff, that is not the first staff of the score?

A piece I am doing starts of with solo voice and organ and later the choir sets
in with the solo staff being taken over by the tenors. I would like to add an
ambitus in each choir voice, when it first appears (the empty lines in the
first two systems before are not shown).

The change between soloist and tenors appears more often within the piece and
unfortunately not always at line break points. It would be acceptable (for this
piece) for the ambitus to take into account both solo and tenor notes.

I’m grateful for any idea.

Kai