RehearsalMark and MetronomeMark together… aga in…

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: RehearsalMark and MetronomeMark together… aga in…
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 16:25:37 -0500

Hello all,

Given the snippet below, what do I need to do to have RehearsalMark and
MetronomeMark grobs sit on the same plane (“as expected")?
I’ve asked this question several times before, and believe that I’ve
incorporated the most recent “best practices”… but clearly not.

In the Do The Right Thing™ Department, I would think Lilypond should
automatically slide the [first] MetronomeMark slightly to the right, allowing
it to sit on the same baseline as the RehearsalMark. In the Perfect World™
Department, I would love to have a setting to “lock” a grob to a musical moment
(so that horizontal sliding is forbidden), and another to indicate that any
colliding grob(s) should slide left or right as necessary to avoid the
collision (the RehearsalMark and MetronomeMark, respectively, in this case).

Thanks for any assistance.
Kieren.
_____________________________

\version “2.17.96"

\layout {
  \context {
    \type "Engraver_group"
    \name ScoreMarks
    \consists "Staff_collecting_engraver"
    \consists "Axis_group_engraver"
    \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-affinity = #DOWN
    \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing.padding = #1
    \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing.minimum-distance
= #1
    \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing.stretchability =
#0.5
    \consists "Metronome_mark_engraver"
    \override MetronomeMark.font-size = #2
    \override MetronomeMark.font-series = #'normal
    \override MetronomeMark.Y-offset = #3
    \override MetronomeMark.extra-spacing-width = #'(-0.5 . 0.5)
    \override MetronomeMark.outside-staff-padding = #0.8
    \override MetronomeMark.break-align-symbols = #'(time-signature
key-signature)
    \override MetronomeMark.non-break-align-symbols = #'(paper-column-interface)
    \consists "Text_spanner_engraver"
    \override TextSpanner.font-size = #2
    \consists "Mark_engraver"
    \override RehearsalMark.outside-staff-priority = #75
    \override RehearsalMark.font-size = #2
    \override RehearsalMark.break-align-symbols = #'(time-signature
key-signature)
    \consists "Time_signature_engraver"
    \override TimeSignature.stencil = #point-stencil
  }
  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "Metronome_mark_engraver"
    \remove "Mark_engraver"
    \accepts ScoreMarks

test_global = {
  \mark \default
  \tempo \markup "This is a really long tempo mark"
  s1
  \mark \default
  \tempo 4=60
  s1