Re: why you don't contribute to Mutopia

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: why you don't contribute to Mutopia
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 19:10:10 +0100

Am 03.01.2014 07:56, schrieb Frédéric Bron:
>> I'd like to have some feedback from you. Which change in the Mutopia
>> interface/decisions would make you start contributing or contributing more?
>
> I wanted to contribute with the 4th symphony of Schumann which was
> ready to be submitted. I had spent some time to adjust the page layout
> for A4 paper format and was not ready to spend more time to target the
> letter paper format.

The requirement to not specify the paper format and have both A4 and
letter supported is nice in theory. And it is good that LP has good
defaults for both.
In practice, for almost every score, the layout settings depend on the
paper format to make it really looking good.
Therefore, IMHO, both A4 and letter contributions could be accepted by
Mutopia without the other. If I (as a user) really want a score which is
available as US letter only, I can do the tweaks myself to fit nicely on
my A4 paper (and vice versa) and I am better off if it exists in the
other format than starting from scratch.

Cheers,
Joram