Re: Articulated tremolo problem

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Articulated tremolo problem
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 10:14:53 +0100

"hhpmusic"<address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>   I discover that articulate can now treat ":" based tremolos. But when I use
> it with ":"'s without number (see attached), the log generates warning
> messages saying non-interger tremolo, and the midi file doesn't produce
> tremolos on these notes. What's wrong?
>
> Regards
> Haipeng
>
> \version "2.18"
> \include "articulate.ly"
>
> mu = \relative c' {
>     \clef treble \time 4/4
>     \tempo 4=120
>     c1:16 | d4: e8: f: g2:32 |
> }
>
> \score {
>     \unfoldRepeats \articulate {
>     \new Staff { \mu
>     } } \midi { } }

The default tremolo duration is stored in the context during iteration.
\articulate does not get to see it.  One effect is that with the
following, the tremolo on the d' is different for the second iteration:

{
  c'2:32
  \repeat unfold 2 { d'4: e':64 }
  c'2
}
Seems like bad design.  This should either be tracked in the parser like
durations are, or done when scorifying like repeat chords do.

--
David Kastrup