Re: Changing fonts

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: Changing fonts
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 18:12:31 +0100

joram,

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Noeck <address@hidden> wrote:
> that works. I still have to specify the staff size before the include (I
> can live with that).
>
> The interesting thing is this: If I have a set-global-staff-size after
> the include, not the font size is wrong but the choice of fonts is
> reverted and I have the default fonts again.

yeah, that's a known caveat. at least it is to me, and i _seem_ to
remember reading that _somewhere_. dunno where though -- might have
been in the code... ;) i have a paperdefs.ly that i just include after
any #(set-global-staff-size XZ) call. if you want to change paper
sizes, you should probably do that beforehand as well. my score file
normally looks something like:

%%% SNIPSNAP %%%

%% NB-MAS-2014-01.ly
% global definitions/tweaks/snippets in include path
\include "verlags-defs.ly"

% piece header and music definition
\include "NB-MAS-2014-01-header.ly"
\include "NB-MAS-2014-01-music.ly"

#(set-default-paper-size "printedMusic")
#(set-global-staff-size 19.5)
\include "paperdefs.ly"
\include "NB-MAS-2014-01-paper.ly"
\include "NB-MAS-2014-01-score.ly"
% if it's a generic piano score, i already have a file defined in include path:
%\include "templates/piano-singleMVT-scoredefs.ly"
%\include "templates/piano-singleMVT_Coda-scoredefs.ly"

%%% SNAPSNIP %%%

> My example is from Frescobaldi (Insert > Document fonts)

you should probably give wilbert a shout on the github issue tracker,
if he hasn't seen it here.

regards,
sb

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of trombonists, for they are subtle and
quick to anger.