Re: [bounty] improved whiteout

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: [bounty] improved whiteout
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 02:05:06 -0800 (PST)

Kieren MacMillan wrote
> Hello all,
>
> Here’s my semi-annual request-slash-U$25-bounty-offer for an improved
> whiteout function…
> (cf.
> <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-10/msg00578.html>)
>
> Could \whiteout (with settable #’thickness or #’margin parameter) please
> use the grob outline, rather than just putting a white box behind the
> grog?
>
> Thanks,
> Kieren.

Have you gotten any feedback yet in previous requests as far as what the
main obstacle is in improving this function? Is it just time and energy, or
an impractical, complete re-writing of code, or something like a mix of
issues? I ask because if someone is able to and willing to take a spin at
this, and it's not a crazy-hard task to do, then I would consider helping
out with a higher bounty. Anything I can do to help LilyPond get even better
is something I'm quite serious about and would be happy to invest in. But I
don't want to put too much on any one person's plate. :)

Ben

-----
composer | sound designer
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond