Re: compilable lilypond-book templeat

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: compilable lilypond-book templeat
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 16:15:40 +0100

2014/2/1 MING TSANG <address@hidden>
Federico & Ernie:
I try to adapt Nick's sample by replacing line 70 with \include my lily full score  and I got the following error
ti="從榮耀降臨" %title

it seems that you wrote ti instead  of title

I am not quite sure how to wrap the the score block in my original lily file which contains \include statement with variables for \header? The score is a full lily code with \header & \paper and \midi.

The problem is certainly here.
The include to a file containing just variables is fine.
The \header, \paper and \midi blocks should be inside \bookpart. If you place them outside, I think that they would be considered (implicitly) in a \book block and this will break everything.

Then I try the following:

\version "2.19.0"
\include "calypso-lullaby\calypso-lullaby.ly"
\pageBreak
\include "Down-from-his-glory\down-from-his-glory.ly"
\pageBreak
\include "forever-thanks\forever-thanks.ly"
\pageBreak

this (the "master" or book file) is ok

I got the title of the third score ( title for score 1 and 2 disappear - was replace by the third score).  The page number becomes   1 to 16 for the three scores (first score has 8 pages, second score has 1 page & third score has 7 pages).  I was hoping each score retains it page number and header.  Please note:  each score is a full lily code with \header & \paper and \midi.

This is because the last score has an \header block in an implicit \book block, so the previous \header are overridden.  Move all the \header blocks of your included files within a \bookpart block (I usually put them at the beginning of the \bookpart block).