Re: Jagged hairpins

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Jagged hairpins
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 15:07:05 -0800 (PST)

address@hidden wrote
> I haven't read the thread that carefully so you might already have
> answered this.
>
> I'm guessing that you are on Windows (like me)!?
>
> When you get the jagged look, do you use Frescobaldi as the viewer or do
> you use a pdf viewer?
>
> In The Frescobaldi viewer I get a jagged look, but when I open the pdf
> file in Adobe Reader it looks good!
>
> Also I think that Frescobaldi is printing as a raster 300 dpi (default)
> so also when I print using Frescobaldi I get jagged hairpins. If I print
> using Adobe Reader it looks perfect.
>
> // Anders
> --

Hi Anders,

I've viewed the PDF in Sumatra, Acrobat, and they both look the same. Also,
about Frescobaldi defaulting to 300dpi, I thought that was only for formats
like PNG, etc. You'll notice the dpi is "grayed out" when using PDF. You can
only adjust the dpi for certain formats so I assumed it was not related to
PDF output in this case. Does that mean something else?

http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n158856/pdf_custom.png

-----
composer | sound designer
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond