Ligatures in music font

From: Noeck
Subject: Ligatures in music font
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 20:11:52 +0100

Hi,

is it possible to use ligatures in music fonts? I haven’t seen a
use-case for Feta glyphs. But if the font defines ligatures, can I
somehow get them?

I am asking in the context of the Bravura font and the smufl package in
the snippets repository. There I can access single glyphs like

\smuflglyph #"gClef"

and there is a ligature with the octavation 8, but if I write

\concat { \smuflglyph #"gClef" \smuflglyph #"gClefLigatedNumberBelow" }

the ligature does not work. Is there a way?

TIA
Joram