Re: Best practice for dynamics position on SATB hymn with chords

From: Yann
Subject: Re: Best practice for dynamics position on SATB hymn with chords
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 22:39:30 +0100

> Why are there chord names above the vocal score?  As a singer, I would find
> that very unhelpful.  Why not just lose them for the vocal part?
>
> --
> Phil Holmes

This is for a hymn book project; the hymns are harmonised 4 voices,
but a requirement is that chords should appear as well, so guitar
players that are used to it can play an accompaniment for the
assembly. So eventhough I produce a lead sheet (melody, lyrics and
chords) as well, I think it is a good thing to have the chords also on
the assembly score.

Yann