Continuing issues with variable \markup issues in footers

From: Joshua Nichols
Subject: Continuing issues with variable \markup issues in footers
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 15:01:41 -0600

So, after taking the advice of the forum, I supplanted the following snippet:

oddFooterMarkup = \markup \fill-line { \fontsize #2

\on-the-fly #not-first-page \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string

\on-the-fly #first-page \fromproperty #'header:copyright

}

and compiled. What I'm getting is a first page which the copyright is not centered at the bottom of the page, though it says \fill-line. When I try other variable ways of getting this effect, I either get error codes and fatal returns, or my even footer markup does not show up.

Does anyone know how to get the copyright centered on the first page?

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Josh