Re: help with recompile

From: Bric
Subject: Re: help with recompile
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 18:01:39 -0500

On 02/19/2014 03:28 PM, Bric wrote:
I need to recompile. I upgraded to bleeding-edge, pre-release ubuntu Trusty 14.04. (Yeah. I know. Probably dumb.)

Got a bunch of packages with build-depend ("sudo apt-get build-dep lilypond")

./configure is now giving me:

ERROR: Please install required programs: FlexLexer.h (flex package) libguile (libguile-dev, guile-devel or guile-dev package). Python.h (python-devel, python-dev or libpython-dev package) lh CTAN package (texlive-lang-cyrillic or texlive-texmf-fonts)

OK. I got it down to:

ERROR: Please install required programs: FlexLexer.h (flex package) libguile (libguile-dev, guile-devel or guile-dev package). Python.h (python-devel, python-dev or libpython-dev package)

My experience says "python" can be a mess, in terms of versions (backwards incompatibility). What version of python(s) does lilypond expect?

I have installed all the python "*-dev" packages available to 14.04 at this time ... ( python2.3-dev python2.7-dev python2.4-dev python2.5-dev python2.6-dev python2.7-dev python-dev libpython2.3 libpython2.4 libpython2.5 libpython2.7 libpython2.7-dev libpython3.3 libpython3.3-dev libpython3.4 libpython3.4-dev libpython-all-dev libpython-dev )

still, lilypond configure complains (!!!)

guile: I have tried guile2.0 and guile1.8 (they are mutually exclusive; one removes the other on install)

flex: same as with guile, I have installed "flex-old" and "libfl-dev", alternatively (mutually exclusive)

None of the three complaints go away, with any combination.  I am stumped.

I am thinking the easiest way right now is to build whatever it still wants locally, but stash it away in /opt/version_blah_blah/, then tell ./configure to build against these exception builds

Which libs/packages/sources do I still need to provide ./configure ?