About "lilyglyphs" package usage difficulties

From: Server Acim
Subject: About "lilyglyphs" package usage difficulties
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 22:46:47 +0200

Hello,
I am a composer and music teacher at the Inonu University - State
Conservatory in Malatya, TURKEY. Also I am the Director of Inonu
University - State Conservatory. I am also the Full Professor of
Composition and Conducting at the University.

I am using Linux Mint 16 (Petra) Cinnamon Edition as basic linux distro.

I am very interested in "lilyglyphs" package. Because, I am writing some
of my textbooks with LaTeX and LilyPond. Sometimes I need some musical
symbols just like lilyglyphs package does while preparing a little
textbook for my music students.

First of all, the Linux Mint distro does not have the lilyglyphs package
in its repository at the moment. I sent an e-mail to the developers of
Linux Mint as my wish of entering this package. I hope that we can see
it in the next release of Linux Mint.

By the way, I installed Fedora 20 - LXDE desktop into my old laptop. I
had bought it in 2003. I installed the lilyglyphs package into the
Fedora 20 - LXDE. But, I could not able to compile example file of
lilyglyphs package. "I do not know how to compile it". I know to compile
an LaTeX file with pdflatex only.

I read the manual of lilyglyphs. But, I have some critics.

I was not able to understand that:
a) If I want to compile the example.tex file which is given at the
manual, which command will I use?

b) The manual is very detailed but there is not any sentence about like
this: "You can compile this file with this command: "xxxlatex example.tex"

c) I am using "texmaker" LaTeX editor. It is very good for me. But, what
kind of settings should I make for using lilyglyphs package.

d) Once before a month ago, I tried to install lilyglphs package
manually but I was not able to do it. Is it possible that to prepare a
installer file? It could be compressed in a ".tar.gz" package. After
untarring, we cand find an ".sh" file. After changing the permisson of
this file with "chmod" commands, with "./xxxx.sh" command neccesary
packages can be installed to the relevant directories.

I saw some python files inside the package that is relevant for
compiling the .tex files but I was not have to time reading it.

I want to congratulate Urs Liska for the package, but these are my
problem about the package.

With my respects.

--
Server ACİM