Re: Producing Strumming Pattern Examples

From: Kevin Tough
Subject: Re: Producing Strumming Pattern Examples
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 19:30:29 +0100

I was to anxious with this post and sent it without code as "Indicators
for guitar Strumming Direction, oops :-( I rewrote it as "Producing
Strumming Pattern Examples". The code snippets and trials I included in
attached and copied code examples.

This example from from Pierre works as a good starting point. I suspect
with markup one could make the "upbow" or "downbow" bold or not to
suggest how hard to strum. If one could change the color perhaps to
indicate the force of the strum would also work perhaps.

 Could one use the symbols I found such as "c4->"  be used for
emphasis ???? Would it make sense or even function with this following
code?

On Fri, 2014-03-07 at 18:36 +0100, Pierre Perol-Schneider wrote:
\version "2.18.0"

> StrUp = \rightHandFinger \markup\musicglyph #"scripts.upbow" %% You
can put whatever markup you need