Re: How do I expand lyrics...

From: Kevin Tough
Subject: Re: How do I expand lyrics...
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 20:17:11 +0100

Hey Thanks,

when I first read the manual I thought Lilypond's symbol to spread or
center a lyric between two note values was the double underscore. No
matter how I placed or spaced it this naturally didn't work. Now I see
from playing with your example that the slur does do the job in this
case. In the case of a slur or melisma I take it that the lyric starts
at the first note value. Is there any other simple way to center a lyric
between two note values?