Re: Help with music-function generating music

From: TaoCG
Subject: Re: Help with music-function generating music
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 14:05:57 -0700 (PDT)

Urs Liska wrote
> Hi all,
>
> I'm completely at a loss and need to get some help and pushes in the
> right direction.
>
> I'm for the first time trying to write a music function that actually
> gerenates music events on its own, i.e. that doesn't use #{ #} to output
> music.
> The sections in the "Scheme tutorial" in the Extending Manual don't
> really help me, and trying to understand
> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=566 which seems to be quite
> related to what I want is equally over my head.
> Therefore I'd be happy if someone could give me a (commented?) example
> of at least the first steps of what I try. From there I'd be able to go
> forward or ask more concrete questions.
>
> The initial thing my function should do is:
> - take a pitch and a number
> - repeat that pitch for the given number of times
> - beam the whole group
> - make that in a loop that allows me
>    to apply a new override for each note
>
> I think that should be very basic, and it's actually quite far from what
> I want to achieve, but it should be a good starting point for
> understanding how it works.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Urs

Hi,

as Paul Morris pointed out \displayMusic is the best starting point to learn
the scheme way of writing music.
For example \displayMusic { c8[ c c c] } will show you how to beam a group.
Also I don't really get your last point. What kind of override do you want
to apply to the notes?

Regards,
Tao