Attribution statements for Mutopia Project works

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Attribution statements for Mutopia Project works
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 18:50:27 -0400

Greetings all,

Are there established practices or examples of how to properly attribute works
from the Mutopia Project that are licensed with a Creative Commons license?
Say if you make a derivative work based on one?

I have made (what I understand to be) derivative works by translating or
transcribing some pieces into an alternative music notation system (Clairnote,
http://clairnote.org).  I came up with the following statement, based on the
best practices described here:
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Best_practices_for_attribution

Typeset using LilyPond in Clairnote music notation by Paul Morris. This work (©
2014) is a derivative of the Mutopia Project work of the same title, typeset
using LilyPond in standard music notation by Nikos Kouremenos (© 2014,
Mutopia-2014/03/24-519). Both works are licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License — free to distribute, modify,
and perform.

This statement fits on three lines and would appear in the footer on the first
page (just like the current copyright/license statement for Mutopia files).

Thanks for any feedback on this, especially from anyone who has experience with
this.  It would be good to know that these statements are sufficient or if they
could be improved.  You can see actual examples here:
http://clairnote.org/sheet-music/  (see any pdf from that page except Twinkle
Twinkle, Swinging on a Gate, or 180 Fiddle Tunes)

Thanks,
-Paul

P.S. For works in the public domain I would use slightly different wording:

Typeset using LilyPond in Clairnote music notation by Paul Morris. This work (©
2014) is a derivative of the Mutopia Project work of the same title, typeset
using LilyPond in standard music notation and placed in the public domain by
Stelios Samelis (Mutopia-2012/12/23-931). This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 License— free to distribute,
modify, and perform.