Re: How to separate these voices??

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: How to separate these voices??
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 19:57:22 +0200

> address@hidden writes:
>
>>          Ooops sorry.....
>>

>> \version "2.18.0"
>>
>>  voiceone = \relative c' {
>>     <<
>>     { e2. | }
>>       \\
>>     { gis,8[ b] gis[ b] gis[ b] | }
>>     >>
>>  }
>>
>>  voicetwo = \relative c {
>>     < e, e' >4 dis' cis |
>>  }
>>
>>  guitar = << { \voiceone } \\ { \voicetwo } >>
>>
>> global = {
>>   \time 3/4
>>   \key e \major
>>   \clef "G_8"
>> }
>>

>>     \score {
>>       \new Staff  { << \global \guitar >> }
>>
>>       \layout { }
>>     }
>
> Nesting several \\ at different levels does not work.  This is one case
> where you are better off using explicit voices anyway since you can then
> finetune the \voiceXxx things using for shifting voices apart in the
> case of collision.  That gives you
>

> I'm not overly convinced in how it is typeset, but then I don't have a
> better suggestion after juggling with different presets.
>

> --
> David Kastrup

Here my code as well.
Second example gives same output as David's
Third example shows strange behaviour of the Dot. IMHO, it should flip
back to the NoteHead. There's enough space.
A bug?

\version "2.18.0"

global = {
  \time 3/4
  \key e \major
  \clef "G_8"
}

\new Staff
  <<
  \global
  \new Voice \relative c' { \voiceOne e2. }
  \new Voice
    \relative c' {
      \voiceFour
      \override NoteColumn.force-hshift = #1.1
      gis8[ b] gis[ b] gis[ b]
    }
  \new Voice \relative c' { \voiceTwo < e,, e' >4 dis' cis }

\new Staff
  <<
  \global
  \new Voice \relative c' { \voiceOne e2. }
  \new Voice \relative c' { \voiceThree  gis8[ b] gis[ b] gis[ b] }
  \new Voice \relative c' { \voiceTwo < e,, e' >4 dis' cis }

\new Staff
  <<
  \mark "bug with Dots?"
  \global
  \new Voice \relative c' { \voiceOne e2. }
  \new Voice
    \relative c' {
      \voiceThree
      \once \override NoteColumn.force-hshift = #1.5
      gis8[ b] gis[ b] gis[ b]
    }
  \new Voice \relative c' { \voiceTwo < e,, e' >4 dis' cis }

Cheers,
  Harm