Re: Irrational time signature and tuplets

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: Irrational time signature and tuplets
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 22:28:17 +0200

On 12.06.2014 22:25, Hans Aberg wrote:

Tying this back to LilyPond, the graphical representation will look the same,
only that the meter and the tuplet numbers are changed. There is another
problem in the MIDI file: how to make a better approximation than 3:2. The next
is 5:3, but then one ends up with tuplets in the notation for the 2 over 8
parts in the meter that must be suppressed. Doable, but a lot of typing.

I’m not sure whether I understood correctly, but instead of writing something like

\tuplet 3/2 { c8 d e }

and hiding the tuplet number (and bracket), you can simply write

c8*2/3 d e