Re: Dominant

From: Uns Liska
Subject: Re: Dominant
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 09:52:27 +0200

On 15. Juni 2014 08:50:19 MESZ, Server Acim <address@hidden> wrote:
>Thank you for your answers. I found functional-harmony page and I
>viewed
>the code.
>
>But the problem is now, how to merge functional-harmony letters and
>figured bass symbols.
>
>We have to explain the altering sounds on IVth (Subdominant chord)
>degree. So I have to use letters and figured bass symbols together.
>
>When I try to merge, an additional staff is being added within the
>figured bass symols.
>
>I am sending to LilyPond files and compiled PDF files.
>
>I need help please. Thank you.

I can't immediately help you, but I think a proper solution should not mix
letters and figured bass numbers.
If I see correctly you intend harmonic analysis only.

So the approach would rather be to somehow stack numbers and letters from text
fonts. This would also allow for a more coherent appearance.

How urgent is this for you? Do you need _some_ solution immediately or could
you spend some time helping with a proper solution until your book is ready?

I'd be very interested in such a package too.

Best
Urs