Re: Determine event at the same time in other voice

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Determine event at the same time in other voice
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 07:07:33 -0500

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 6:12 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

> how could I determine if at any given point in time there is another
> event in another voice or not. Concretely: If I have a certain rest,
> can I know if another rest of the same length is in another voice?

Put an engraver in the enclosing Staff context which listens to rest
events.  That does not help with actually reducing the number of rests:
for that you need to have an acknowledger for those rest grobs and
possibly kill one of the grobs manually.

There's already an engraver on the lists which should help.  The thread begins here:  http://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-user%40gnu.org/msg69608.html

HTH,
David