Re: [snippet] Repeats with parallelMusic

From: James
Subject: Re: [snippet] Repeats with parallelMusic
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 17:21:54 +0100

On 30/06/14 15:09, Pierre Perol-Schneider wrote:
Hi LilyPonders,

This afternoon I had to write a short polyphonic piece to illustrate some literature and I found it fun to use the parallelMusic mode for the very first time. I choose a short menuet with repeats and discovered that the use of repeats could be problematic in this mode.

See a former thread here :
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/parallelMusic-and-repeat-td27560.html

So here's the workraound I've used :
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=924

I've also tagged this snippet as "docs" since I think the manual is not clear enough about repeats in this mode (see: http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices.fr.html#writing-music-in-parallel).

So are you saying we need to update the documentation?

Remember that tagging LSR example with Docs doesn't put it in the Notation Reference. For snippets to be included in the NR they need to be explicitly in $LILYPOND_GIT/Documentation/snippets/.. and then referenced by the appropriate Texinfo entry in the Manual's *.tely files.

I guess you know that so am wondering what we can do if the manual is not clear enough.

James