Re: [snippet] Repeats with parallelMusic

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [snippet] Repeats with parallelMusic
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 14:46:38 +0200

Pierre Perol-Schneider <address@hidden> writes:

>> However, this fix does not have regtests.  I would appreciate it if you
>> could cook up a few short but difficult use cases for placing in the
>> regtests.
>>

> In order to find a sort of inspiration I've just re-wrote some snippets
> from the regression in parallelMusic mode.
> Hope I'll find something better tomorrow.

Now looked at the test.  Most of those are rather equivalent in their
complexity (so "sort of inspiration" would appear to indeed mean mostly
finger exercises) and would have worked without the patch in place.
alignment-order-prallelMusic.ly using nested \parallelMusic constructs
is rather weird: I don't think we should explicitly support it.

The only complex test seems to be volta-multi-staff-prallelMusic.ly but
since _all_ of its voices are apparently identical, it is not all that
useful for detecting problems.

--
David Kastrup