Re: Increase vertical spacing between systems

From: James
Subject: Re: Increase vertical spacing between systems
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 07:55:11 +0100

On 04/07/14 07:50, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Jul 2014, Hartmut Leister wrote:
>
>> Hello Lilypond users,
>>
>> I'm having a vertical spacing problem.
>> [2]
>> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Vertical-spacing-between-systems#Vertical-spacing-between-systems
>>

> v2.12 is quite old. Vertical spacing syntax has been drastically
> reworked since then.
>
> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-paper-variables

Oh gosh yes!

I didn't notice you were referring to 2.12.

There were huge changes in 2.14.

Please upgrade to the latest stable and you will have much better
control (and documentation) over spacing.

http://lilypond.org/download.html

Note you should also probably run the 'convert.ly' script (after you
have installed the latest code) on any lilypond scores that you are
using that are still being compiled by 2.12 to make sure that any
significant syntax changes we have made in the code are detected and
converted in your *.ly files.

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/usage/updating-files-with-convert_002dly.html

James