Re: Template: String Quartet (score-only), first draft

From: Graeme Lee
Subject: Re: Template: String Quartet (score-only), first draft
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 15:03:12 +1000

On 20-Jul 22:52, MarcM wrote:
I found this thread via google and it dates from few years back.

I include the sample at the end of this mail.

You can compare it with the one here:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/learning/string-quartet

The documentation shows a sample for string quartet parts  which requires to
uncomment lines.
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/learning/string-quartet-parts

Hi Marc

If you read the second link, you'll find that it suggests splitting the document into separate files. The music goes into a source file (in this case, "piece.ly" and the parts are separate.

The 'comments' are the to keep it in one file which compiles for the site. That's it. It's up to you how you split it up.

Hope this helps.

Graeme