Mystery quirk in lyrics - only in the bass part

From: Larry Kent
Subject: Mystery quirk in lyrics - only in the bass part
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 14:05:38 -0400

Interesting quirk that popped up this morning, and I wonder if anyone else has come across anything similar.

 I'm working on an "a cappella" choral score, and the lyrics are misbehaving - but only in the bass part.  Here's what is happening:

1.  Lyric extenders do not appear in the bass part, although they do show up as expected in every other part.  Just to make sure I was not mis-typing or something, I copied and pasted the same text etc from the alto part, but no luck.

2.  The second problem is not connected to extenders, but is also limited only to the bass part (same score as above).  Throughout the score, in the bass part, the final syllable of a hyphenated word  is left-aligned rather than centered, as it should be - and as it is in all of the other parts throughout.

A couple of details that might help anyone who wants to offer theories or advice:

1.  I'm not using any slurs, and not asking anything to happen automatically with the lyrics.

2.  I'm running LilyPond 2.18 and 2.16 (with the same results), Windows 8.1 and I use Frescobaldi 2.0.16 to edit and compile the score.  I also ran it directly in LilyPond 2.18, all with the same results.

Any thoughts on this, anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Larry Kent
Tampa, Florida