assigning a MIDI loudness to a defined dynamic string

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: assigning a MIDI loudness to a defined dynamic string
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 07:04:57 -0700

I am getting my old friend the "ambiguous (de)crescendo" error.  I can see why this would happen in the snippet below.  I have defined a dynamic of "più f" and LilyPond doesn't know how to crescendo from a "f" to it.

My usual way of dealing with this is to assign a MIDI volume to my new dynamic.  In this case forte = .75 so I am trying to assign .77 to the "più f" but I don't know how to do it.  Any suggestions?

%%% BEGIN
\version "2.18.2"

piuFMarkup = \markup { \normal-text { \italic "più" } \dynamic "f" }
piuF = #(make-dynamic-script #{ \piuFMarkup #} )

% Neither of the following prevent the MIDI error

%{
#(define (myDynamics dynamic)
    (if (equal? dynamic \piuFMarkup )
      0.77
      (default-dynamic-absolute-volume dynamic)))
%}

#(define (myDynamics dynamic)
    (if (equal? dynamic "piùf" )
      0.77
      (default-dynamic-absolute-volume dynamic)))

% \f = MIDI loudnes .75, so crescendo to .77

\score {
  \relative c' {
    c4 \f d \< e f | g1 \piuF
  }