Re: problem with moving notes

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: problem with moving notes
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 13:10:08 +0200

Am 07.09.2014 um 23:16 schrieb David Nalesnik:
Rus,

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Rus <address@hidden> wrote:
I imagine you could use \newSpacingSection.

Please post the code that created the PDFs you attach, and I'm sure you'll get a solution to your liking.

--David

I attached the code which you have requested

Thanks.  That makes it easy for me to do a simple substitution.

There is no good way to arbitrarily move notes around like you want, except by modifying horizontal spacing.

The first example in the attached file shows another drawback with overriding X-offset of a NoteColumn--what if there are notes in another simultaneous columns?  You'd have to move those as well.

You can ask for looser spacing in a small area by using the \newSpacingSection command, which is documented here:

The second example shows how the spacing can be made looser and alignment maintained.

There's a command on openlilylib which makes modifying spacing more convenient.  Can't recall the name, but I'm sure somebody reading this could lead you to it.
<https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/tree/19db8f4851b04cdaceafd8851b17e6a21e0191f0/notation-snippets/adjust-horizontal-spacing>

Hope this helps,
David