Re: markup on top staff of an orchestra piece

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Re: markup on top staff of an orchestra piece
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 23:29:14 +0200

Hi Malte,

 thanks for the recommendation. This isn't what I'm looking for as the
voice defined in the global variable included and repeated for each
staff results in the appearance of all markups like tempo and such on
all staffs. Defining a dedicated empty staff system (it's not the
piccolo) entirely for the purpose of these definitions and including
it once on top of the score, on top of some staffgroups and on top of
the part templates serves the same purpose as a global variable, but
makes them appear only at selected places, no matter, which staffs
have been removed.

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is, how I can make these
invisible staves disappear in case no staff of a certain staffgroup is
present at all. E.g. in large scores bar numbers normally get
displayed on top, but also above staff groups like the string
section. If there are no other instruments but strings, this makes the
bar numbers appear twice. If anybody knows how to get around this I'd
be glad to know... (but keep in mind that the score is sent to the
printer next Monday, so I'd need that information rather soon as the
score is in A2 and that costs about 100,- Euro for one copy).

Yours,
Orm