Problem with \showStaffSwitch

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: Problem with \showStaffSwitch
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:07:49 +0200

Hello folks,

I’d like to obtain the following, in which the piano right hand has two notes written on the left hand staff.

It’s my understanding that the fis2 and fis4 belong to the voice containing the gis4 in the previous bar and fis4 in the next one (key is B major):

I’ve tried the following in « PianoRHVoiceTwo » for this bar:

<<
  {
  cis4 b8 [ ais ] b4
  }

  {
  \new Voice {
    \voiceOne
    \showStaffSwitch
    \change Staff = down
    fis2 fis4
    \change Staff = up

with:

     \new PianoStaff <<
          \context Staff = "up" <<
               \context Voice = "PianoRHVoiceOne" { \voiceOne \PianoRHVoiceOne }
               \context Voice = "PianoRHVoiceTwo" { \voiceTwo \PianoRHVoiceTwo }

          \context Staff = "down" <<
               \context Voice = "BassVoice" { \BassVoice }

but the lines showing the switch are missing:

Thanks for the help!

JM