Re: 2.19.14: lost ability to add note name in fret board ?

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: 2.19.14: lost ability to add note name in fret board ?
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 11:14:00 -0600

On 14-09-20 07:00 AM, Thomas Morley wrote:
I wouldn't call it a regression, because adding and printing strings
in dots was not documented, not really supported (as far as scaling is
concerned) and not covered by a regtest, as far as I can tell.

Therefore I did not pay attention to keep this functionality while
creating the patch for
Issue 2752: Parenthesize dots in fretboards

Nevertheless, it would be no big deal to bring this functionality back
(more complicated to do proper scaling)

Though, why not turn it into an enhancement? (cc-ing bug-list):
- (re-)adding the possibility to add strings (or better markups)
- code proper scaling
- create/extend a regtest to cover it
- document it

Logged as Issue 4120: Fretboards: markup strings in dot positions

Cheers,
Colin
--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands.
You need to be able to throw something back.