Re: LilyPond Enhancement Proposal (with Bounty)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: LilyPond Enhancement Proposal (with Bounty)
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 19:21:28 -0400

Hi all,

This feature may (or may not) be a good fit with my [bounty-attached] request,
which is that one could set a “minimum-duration” for a markup, and the music
underneath would stretch accordingly.

Use cases:

1. A MetronomeMark or RehearsalMark over a MultiMeasureRest would stretch the
MMR as necessary.
2. A markup could stretch a single bar as necessary.
3. etc.

I’m happy to chip in on a the OP’s bounty offer, if the fix also addresses my
concern(s).

Best,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer