Re: Overlapping ties in different voices

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Overlapping ties in different voices
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 10:04:54 +0100

Noeck you wrote Tuesday, October 07, 2014 11:43 PM

> Am 08.10.2014 um 00:31 schrieb Trevor Daniels:
>> Whoops, sorry, missed an 'a' out, needed to give the tie:
>
> but with that tie you have the issue of colliding note heads again (in
> the upper voices).

Ah, so you do, but only in version 2.18, not in 2.19.15 which I'm using.
Keith posted a patch to 2.19 which limits the warning about clashing
note columns if the notes were actually too far apart to clash, as
they are here.  In 2.18 either use voice 4 rather than voice 3 (just
insert another \\) or add \voiceFour to remove the warning.

Trevor