Re: Double clef (canon)

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Double clef (canon)
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 10:55:06 +0200

Hi Andrea,

> Hello Harm,
>
> I am going to hack your code further to adapt it to my usual mensural
> layout. But it works. I need time to understand everything you've made but
> definitely thank you. As far as I got it, you defined a commando for adding
> a clef next to the original, and another one to add the cleff after the
> breve rest.

Yep

> Reading your comments I have to say that still the layout of mensural music
> is quite poor. I usually increase the notehead sizes, but breves and longae
> become too big. I also increase the stem thickness. I don't feel spacing to
> be too bad, though, but I neved had to type scores, luckily, just parts.

I think fewer people are using ancient Notation styles.
As a natural consequence issues will be reported less often or stay undetected.
I'd be interested in your personal setup for writing mensural music.
Could you post your usual overrides/layout and an example?
Maybe we can improve LilyPonds capabilities in this area.
(I'll be completely offline this weekend, though)

> By the way this canon is by Thomas Morley, which feels funny regarding your
> nickname.

:D
Well I'm very bad in finding alias-names. At the time this name was
needed to create I had to deal with music from Thomas Morley.
So I thought, why not? At least he is less well known than others...

> Thank you so much,
> Andrea

Glad I could help.

Cheers,