\tweak and \markup variables

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: \tweak and \markup variables
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 16:19:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hello LilyPonders,

I am having a problem creating a single variable that involves \tweak.
Basically, here is the problem:

This works fine:
myVariable = \markup{"foo bar"}
{ c'^\myVariable }

This works fine as well:
myVariable = \markup{"foo bar"}
{ c'-\tweak extra-offset #'(-3 . 1)^\myVariable }

But this does not work:
myVariable = \tweak extra-offset #'(-3 . 1)^\markup{"foo bar"}
{ c'-\myVariable }

Not even using two variables I could make it work (and I wouldn't want to
carry two variables over the whole score anyway):
myVariableOne = \tweak extra-offset #'(-3 . 1)}
myVariableTwo = \markup{"foo bar"}
{ c'-\myVariableOne^\myVariableTwo }

So how can I tweak the offset of a markup text inside a variable? Does
anyone have any suggestion how to tackle this problem?

As always, thanks a lot for any help,
Gilberto