Re: Anki and LilyPond

From: truthling
Subject: Re: Anki and LilyPond
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 15:54:21 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, it is possible to import/export .txt files!  I've been making cards very
successfully to study for biology by putting my questions/answers into a
spreadsheet, converting to a .txt file, and importing into Anki.  I think
the same can be done with the Lilypond Addon.

When importing a .txt file, Anki fields can be separated by tabs as well,
which is automatically done if you copy/past from a spreadsheet.  Each
column in a spreadsheet is a different field which can contain Lilypond
code, questions, answers, etc.

I would love to work on this with others.  I will be working on this for my
personal study materials, but working with others would be even better.

Here's another idea/question:  is it possible to introduce a degree of
randomness into Lilypond code?  This would address the problem of needing to
manually write code to engrave music for every question you want to ask on
an Anki card.

For example, if I want to create cards to test my knowledge of triad
chords...  Is it possible to define the chord quality and/or inversion
(Major, minor, diminished, augmented) and leave it to Lilypond to build that
chord from a randomly generated root note?  This way, each time Anki
presented a card to test if we know a Major triad, it would be from a
different root note.   Or perhaps the clef that the chord is built in can be
different each time...  or the key signature, and so on.

This would save tons of time in creating cards in Anki.

What do you think?

By the way, Curtis and Ben;  I'd love to see the decks you have created :)

Cheers!
Andrew