Re: Frescobaldi custom script

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi custom script
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 11:35:04 +0200

Hi.

> you can run a python script as a Snippet (Tools -> Snippets). If it's
> possible to implement in detail is hard for me to say (without seeing your
> code), but I think that is what you could try if you want to do it within
> Frescobaldi.

I think that what Joram is thinking about is being able to define
different compilers in Frescobaldi that point to arbitrary programs,
similar to different compilers in LaTeX editors...

> Wouldn't it be possible to even run this from within LilyPond itself? It
> should be possible to run external code from a Scheme function, isn't it?
> Then it should also be possible to make that run upon compilation. No idea
> how to approach that, though.

... and I think that this belongs to the editor and not to LilyPond.

> I have a question concerning Frescobaldi: Is it possible to run a custom
> script (bash/python) from Frescobaldi.

At the moment the only easy solution is using Snippets, as Peter said.
However I think that having the possibility to define custom compilers
would be very useful.
I'll open an issue on Frescobaldi's GitHub tracker about this.

Best wishes.
Davide