repetition brackets snippet

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: repetition brackets snippet
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 08:06:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hello LilyPonders,

I want to share with you all a small function that I created to automatize a
snippet that someone once sent me in this forum (but I can't find that post
nor do I remember who wrote that snippet for me!! I am so sorry for this, I
am terrible at remembering names and people...).

Basically, this snippet hijacks the bar number engraver and use it to create
repetition brackets above a bar, such as in this image below:

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n167972/repeatBracket.png>

Limitation: it can be used for single bar repetitions only

My contribution is actually very small (but also very handy!): I wrote the
simplest substitution function in the world, as well as added a layout block
to initialize all \set's, \override's and \consist's that are necessary, so
now this functionality can be summoned simply as \repeatBracket <number of
repetitions> {...music...}.

Here is the code:  repeatBracket.ly
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n167972/repeatBracket.ly>

I hope someone will find this useful. Take care,
Gilberto