Re: A pause in 3/4 measure

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: A pause in 3/4 measure
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:25:59 -0700 (PDT)

Bernhard,

Are you referring to the centered whole rest? If so, this is the correct notation for indicating a full measure pause, regardless of the duration of the measure. You just use the "R" rest syntax instead of "r" and if the duration of that rest is a full measure, then a centered whole rest will be used.

Or, maybe I didn't understand you correctly. Could you show an example (code or picture) or what doesn't make sense?

HTH,
Abraham