Re: Development and Stable version on Mac

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: Development and Stable version on Mac
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 21:29:48 +0100

> 1) Download the binary for the latest development release
> 2) Unpack the tarball
> 3) Rename the application file to "LilyPond-dev"
> 4) Copy into Applications

This is what I usually do.
Indeed at the moment I have about a dozen of different versions of
LilyPond.app that I renamed as "LilyPond X.Y.Z.app" (all of them are
registered in Frescobaldi).

If I remember correctly, this was somehow problematic with 2.12.X
and/or 2.13.X, but I think that renaming LilyPond.app version >=
2.14.0 is perfectly OK.

Best wishes.
Davide