LilyPond PPA for Ubuntu/other related OS?

From: Ryan McClure
Subject: LilyPond PPA for Ubuntu/other related OS?
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 11:57:18 -0800 (PST)

I'm about to switch to Elementary OS soon as my default OS...I'm not enjoying
my Arch Linux experience as of late. On Arch, I have access to the AUR for
Arch that allows me to have access to the most recent build of LilyPond. I
would like this for Elementary OS. However, I would prefer a package that I
can update through the package manager rather than installing it from the
command line into a directory...package managers are much cleaner in my
opinion.

So, I'm wondering if there is a PPA that allows me to have the most
up-to-date version of LilyPond? I am about to install Elementary based on
14.04, but in the default repos the most recent version is 2.16 according to
my research. If anything, I'd like 2.18 at least.

Does anyone know if such a PPA exists? If not, I wouldn't mind creating a
PPA for this, but I don't know at all how to create one. Thanks all!

-----
Ryan McClure

Music Education Major, Shepherd University
Luna Music Engraving
www.lunamusicengraving.com