Re: Repeat Volta Bar Types

From: Jim Long
Subject: Re: Repeat Volta Bar Types
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 14:28:21 -0800

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 11:18:55PM +0100, Thomas Morley wrote:

> And we have context-properties for this:
>
> \version "2.19.3"
>
> \layout {
>   \context {
>     \Score
>     startRepeatType = #"||"
>     endRepeatType = #"||"
>     %% not needed in the minimal example
>     %doubleRepeatType = #"||"
>   }
> }

Thanks, Harm.  But that still doesn't work in the case where the
volta is at the beginning of the piece, and the engraver wishes
an explicit bar line.

Lily by default doesn't engrave an open volta at the start of a
piece, or at a double-barline.  I don't know how many others do,
but I, for one, often override this.

Both of these cases fail:

\version "2.19.3"

\layout {