Re: Programming question

From: Jay Vara
Subject: Re: Programming question
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 18:42:40 +0000

This version seems to work. You are creating a list of lyric-events to be fed to the parser rather than a string - is that the difference? Hopefully I can understand your code within a few days.

Interestingly, b-flat is coming out as b rather than bes. Or rather b is shown as b-flat on the staff.

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Trying to force the lyric in David's program to associate with the
> Staff/Voice, I added a name "jun" to the voice and see if that worked.
>
> noteNameToLyric =
>
> #(define-void-function (parser location lst) (list?)
>
> (let* ((str (t lst))
>
> (str (string-append "{ " str "}")))
>
> (display str) (newline)
>
> (ly:parser-include-string
>
> parser
>
> (string-append " \\new Lyrics \\lyricsto \"jun\" " str))))
>
> music = \relative c' { c4 d e f g a b c }
>
> \new Staff
>
> <<
>
> \new Voice = "jun" \music
>
> \noteNameToLyric \extractPitches \music
>

> In this case, the lyrics, that is the pitch numbers, did not show up at all!
> Wonder why?

Hi,

I couldn't get David's code to work either, would have been very elegant.
Though, attached my own attempt using Davids work and some recyceled
own codings.

Several comments inline.
And you'll still find some TODOs

HTH,