Re: "continuation" bars

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: "continuation" bars
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 20:27:36 +0100

Hi Steve,

what you probably are looking for is the \repeat command:

{
  \repeat percent 3 { c'2 d' }
  \repeat percent 3 { c' d' e' f' }
}

This can be found in section 1.4 of the notation reference (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/repeats).

Malte

Am 26.11.2014 um 19:40 schrieb Steve Downes:
Hello list people,

I have started writing bass line & chord charts to assist in the
integration of a new bass player. I would like to make a good job of
it because if it works well I will build it into a band library.

It is normal in my (jazz) market to use % in a bar to mean repeat
previous bar & also across the middle barline to mean repeat the
previous 2 bars. I can see a number of problems, not least the use of
% & can find nothing on it.

Has it been done or can it reasonably be done. Any points very
welcome.

Steve