Re: Condensing single-bar rests into a multi-measure rest

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Condensing single-bar rests into a multi-measure rest
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 01:38:41 +0100

Am 04.01.2015 um 01:16 schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
Hi Urs,

On Jan 3, 2015, at 10:45 AM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
I recently had the same problem and got a file from the list which I tweaked to
work well in a quite similar case.
You can find the file at
https://git.ursliska.de/beautifulscores/das-trunkne-lied/blob/master/library/ly/to-lilylib/combineMultimeasureRests.ily
Was that inspired by
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-12/msg01085.html>?

No. I got that from
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-04/msg00531.html

If so, does what is the final result?
That is to say, is there a single function which one can use to merge skips AND
rests?

I'm not sure about that because that wasn't the problem at hand.
My problem was that I have to merge multimeasure rests that were written as e.g.

R1*4 {} R1*6

The empty expression is a music function that can return a \break (-> no rest merging) or an empty expression. The linked function is able to merge consecutive rests when they are of the same type.

As I didn't look too close into the thread you linked I don't know if my problem is related to yours, but I suspect it's rather something different.

Best
Urs

Thanks,
Kieren.