Re: determining which font is selected by \bold, 'font-series 'bold, et

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: determining which font is selected by \bold, 'font-series 'bold, etc
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 13:16:56 +0100

On 2015-01-06 12:44, Wilbert Berendsen wrote:
Hi,

I have a font (Lexicon No1) that comes in 4 weight variants (A, B, C,
D). Roman font selects A. But \bold and '(font-series . bold) do select
the D variant. How can I make LilyPond choose C instead?
[...]
Thanks for any pointers.

Hi Wilbert,

I think you're well aware of how to dig behind the scenes and modify Lily's internal scheme files, so I can point you to this:
  https://codereview.appspot.com/108700043/
It's a proposal for a more refined font selection, bypassing Lily's default font name logic. It should be ready-to-use in recent versions, but it's not entirely in user space, since it needs to override a non-public scheme function in .../scm/font.scm.

At the same time, an honest thanks for the reminder to finally polish and integrate this patch...

HTH,
Alexander