Re: Understanding Lilypond

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Understanding Lilypond
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 11:22:21 -0500

Hi Peter,

> I'm not sure that my response is suitable for the list

It *definitely* is!

> Please feel free to critisize scorn or otherwise flame.

I’m sorry your default expectation is to be critisized, scorned, or flamed —
that hasn’t been my primary experience on this list (as a newbie more than a
decade ago, or since), although there are of course exceptions. (As I recall,
the lilypond-devel list is more severe.)

> There are excellent aids to get one writing ly scripts and producing quite
> complex scores but not to make those individual tweaks.
> Looking at the various tweaks published on the list can be bewildering the
> common first impression is why? how? Where was that in
> the documentation?

Can you give a concrete example? Either it is in the documentation and you were
unable to find it, or it’s not in the documentation — either way, there may be
a solution which will assist future users/readers.

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
www:  <http://www.kierenmacmillan.info>