Re: Command Line call to LilyPond with PDF auto open

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Command Line call to LilyPond with PDF auto open
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 10:41:18 +0100

> On 18 Jan 2015, at 07:54, Matthew James Briggs <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> When calling LilyPond from the command line (I'm on Mac OS X) like this
>
> exec /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond "pathtomy.ly"
>
> is there a flag to tell the program to open the compiled PDF when it's
> finished like the GUI program does?

I use a script ‘lilypond' in the PATH containing:
  exec /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond
"address@hidden

Then run from the command line:
  lilypond <name>.ly && open <name>.pdf

In the past, Preview has not updated properly, but it can be useful anyhow, to
get the document front.