Re: Grand Advanced Stylesheet Project (GASP)

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: Grand Advanced Stylesheet Project (GASP)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 17:07:56 -0500

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello all!

I recently sent a post about my choral piece, and had to *not* use my choral stylesheet. Seeing what the default output looks like lit a fire under my butt to get a stylesheet project going ASAP — I haven’t really seen a default Lilypond score (as opposed to tiny snippets) in at least two years, and had honestly forgotten how unelegant it looks.

My idea is that we have a basic set of stylesheets for the main types of scores — e.g., piano solo, organ solo, instrumental solo/part, choir, full score, etc. — which can be \include-d by the user to give a truly beautiful default appearance right out of the box.

Would anyone be interested in working on this with me?

All the best,
Kieren.

Hi, Kieren - Wonderful idea. Although my time and expertise are quite limited, I would like to help. I would also like to see a piano/solo instrument stylesheet (template?) and an updated string quartet stylesheet.

What can I do?

All the best,

Ralph

--